Sunday, April 12, 2009

Planet Green Is Urging us To Go Green like Celebrities Do...


OK, Planet Green, now that means we all have jobs that keep us in the limelight for Green Publicity and we all make Bou Cou Bucks to make the necessary life style Changes. Right? For example...

Daryl Hannah

A passionate activist and proponent for sustainable fuels and transport, Daryl Hannah walks (or, perhaps more accurately, drives) the talk. Last year, she sold her beloved "Badass Biodiesel El Camino" in favor of an all-electric version of the Trans Am her character drove in "Kill Bill," but she couldn't stay away from biofuel. She picked up another El Camino and converted it to run on biodiesel, saying, "My car loves to drink vegetable oil, especially if it's from waste. I only use sustainably-sourced biodiesel." She remains actively involved in the Sustainable Biodiesel Alliance and, in between supporting eco-tourism in Egypt and raising awareness about the damage done in the Amazon by the oil industry, Hannah has time to narrate IMAX films about dolphins and whales and host her very own green vlog, DH Love Life. Whew!

Whew indeed! Where does Daryl find the time to sort her recyclables?...

and by the way, why do these environmental wakos think we, the Chattering Classes, don't do anything to help the planet. I've been recycling my household waist for the last year since my Community started a Recycling Program and I took collected recyclables to a Recycling site for years before that. I also got rid of my Petrol-Based-Pariah, my second car, to help the environme...wait a minute...that's not the correct...a little honesty here....I gave it up so I could participate in this lousy economy....my little red 2008 Suzki looked so sad as it rolled away on the back of the repossesor's tow truck...

No comments: