Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tea Party Patriots, Now the Hard Work Begins...

This is a message to my Tea Party friends and all those in this fight whether they participate actively or not.

I am hearing an undercurrent, out there, that is calling for a "third party" to be established. This is an idea whose time may have come, in theory. It is a definitely an idea that needs to be explored. However, I would like to add a few words of caution, we must be extremely careful.

Let me pre-qualify my statements by telling you I am currently a registered Republican. Before last November I had been registered in the Reform Party, started to support Ross Perot, so I know a little something about third parties. My husband and I worked very hard in Mr Perot's campaign here in the Kansas City area. We were very disappointed in the way things turned out but still happy that we participated.

I know many Republicans blamed the Perot movement for George Herbert Walker Bush's defeat in the 1992 elections that gave us Bill Clinton. I believed that President Bush Sr, did himself in when he scared the beejeebies out of all of his conservative support with his elitist rhetoric of a "New World Order".

I can remember, for me, the precise moment President Bush Sr. lost my support in his campaign against Bill Clinton in 1992. This video, filmed during the National Grocers Association convention, was used during the election to portray Bush as an elitist snob. Too bad it was a big lie.



I let my anger at Bush's "elitism" cloud my opinion and it determined my vote for Perot. I was fooled and so was my Husband. I don't know, if I had found out about the lie before the election, that it would have made any difference, but the point is this, the incident probably cost George H.W. Bush reelection.

According to Snopes.com the story was false. It was manufactured by the New York Times. Imagine that. Times reporter, Andrew Rosenthal, who wasn't even at the Convention, exploited a news pool report from the National Grocers Association convention by turning it into an embellished, New York Times, front page story. The rest is history. It shows how one small incident can be used to manipulate an entire electorate to win elections.
We have to be smarter than that.

I re-registered my party preference and started attending Republican Party meetings last November because I wanted some structure in my political life. The Independent Party didn't provide that and the Reform Party is dying. I knew the Libertarian Party was an option but I though I needed a bigger foundation.

I didn't like the way the Republican Party was weaseled into nominating John McCain, the closest Republican clone to Obama, by the Left Wing media. It was Sarah Palin who converted me. I am hoping to make a difference along with all the other Conservative Bloggers in the 2010 elections as well as in the next Presidential election.

We have no National Press that isn't in the pocket of the Democratic Party so it will be left with the few media outlets like Fox News and Newsmax magazine , as well as talk radio to carry our message.

Our secret weapon will be the Bloggers! We need to hold the GOP's feet to the fire so they will nominate viable candidates, who support smaller government, less spending, a strong defense, and someone who can win. We need to defend free speech and talk radio from the insidious attacks coming from the Left in the House and Senate.

As Conservatives, Libertarians and Republicans we need to be united behind a National party next year. There simply is not enough time to go through the process of getting third party people on the various state ballots and elected. We simply don't have the resources to fight the Democrats as independents without splitting the Republican Party again and guaranteeing the Democrats a victory. That is what the Democrats are counting on. Divide and Conquer.

We have to get involved in our local Republican Parties and support good candidates. We can't let the Elites back east dictate the direction of the Republican Party any longer. We have to step up and it means we have to begin now. It is going to mean a lot of hard work or as the Dems put it "Boots on the Ground".

We are going to have to use the old Media when we can and the New Media extensively. We have to be very smart and savvy with the new ways of communication. Do we need slick logos and and snappy campaign slogans. Probably, but we can't just copy Obama. We can however use his template.

I urge each and every one of you that read my Blog to reach out to your friends and neighbors and band together, become an Activist, to save this Nation that we love. This is the season of picnics and Bar B Ques. We can use these small events to get other people involved.

The people who still support Obama need to be educated. The need to be shown what the results of Obama's policies are and what they are doing to businesses, large and small. If our Small Businesses start to fail any faster there won't be jobs for anyone. If Obama keeps demonizing Big Business and grabbing control of huge parts of the Business sector there will be even fewer jobs and no tax revenue streams to exploit. Unfortunately we are next on that tax food chain.

Not everyone is reachable. Obama supporters either have an unnatural affection for the man or are just plain misinformed. All I am saying is we need to put one issue politics away for a few seasons. If we stand together we will not fail.

Obama did not, contrary to what people believe, win the last election by a landslide in the popular vote. Out of 129.5 million votes there was only a 9.5 million vote difference. The electoral vote was the landslid. Obama spent most of his money and time in high electoral vote states and received 365 electoral votes to McCain's 173 for his efforts. He campaigned smart.

Some of those states will be hard to wrestle from Obama but, with each day, the evidence mounts that his policies are eroding his support. California's Proposition 8 vote should be noted. It was a shot across Obama's bow. We need to help conservative voices in that state keep the momentum going.

Please consider my words. Lets exchange ideas and form an unbeatable team. America is worth the work. I don't believe this situation can't be changed.

We can be the change that defeats the "Change" and brings all Americans Hope!

No comments: