Sunday, February 8, 2009

We need to create a "Tsunami of Sanity" Please help!

"It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little." -
Sydney Smith

I ran across this quote on the Drudge Report's reference desk. It [reference desk] is a place I often turn to for my research and inspiration because it has so many interesting and informative links. This morning the daily quote above really spoke to my heart. I have been thinking about this subject for a while because of the enormity of the problems facing our nation.

What can one person really do to help change the direction of anything? I can't stand in front of a train roaring down the tracks at incredible speeds and expect to change it's direction without dire consequences. I can't hold back the winds of change when it is blowing away my dreams. I saw this massive debt being created by Congress and it paralyzed my ability to take action. After all "What can one person do?"

Think for a moment, all the clichés you've ever heard i.e. the longest journey begins with one step, from the little acorn grows the mighty oak, etc. The most important and hardest moment in solving any problem is the beginning. In that moment we begin to form the solution. The solution may not be apparent to us at first but with each new step we begin to set a course that will reveal itself to us in due time.

We may not see the effects of our first steps immediately but just as the ripples created by a stone dropped into a pond get bigger with every repetition till it reaches its destination, we can effect change. This is how we can change the scenario being put forth in Congress.

I have written my Senators and Congressmen to express my opposition on the Stimulus bill. If one other person who reads my words acts on them and another person is inspired by their actions and so on and so on, then we have started our own ripples of a solution. Each successive voice adds another ring of solution to the direction the new administration wants to take us in.

We can't create a massive change of direction immediately but we can take the first steps. I urge any one who wishes to help to write your Senators and tell them to stop this madness. Also write to the most disappointing RINO's in the Republican Party who are supporting this turkey: Senator Susan Collins, Senator Olympia Snow and Senator Arlen Spector.

I have begun to do my part. Now I'm asking you to help create a "Tsunami of Sanity" and become a ripple in my pond. I am including a link to Tammy Bruce's website that lists the names of all U. S. Senators and has an email link to their office. Please help. http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

No comments: